Thursday 8 January 2015

THE FASHION RAMP WALK



It is the fashion ramp walk, indeed a ramp walk for all types of creatures on our planet. I am sure most of us have had an easy access to this show without having to plead for a paper ticket. Nor do we really need a good contact as they call it “To have you in the guest list”. This is one place where fashion rises above the floral prints and neon pinks.

Well, to get you all out of the thinking zone, let me cut short this and break the suspense of this place. So guys I am referring to our one and only zone, where the security is at all-time high and where birds are not allowed to fly. The home for all aero planes and where fashion has no names. Yes I am referring to our very own Havi Adda.

Most of you are confused and want to switch tabs but hold on there. I am here with an explanation to this and will give you all to a ticket that you have missed. Why would someone even refer to the Airport as a Fashion Ramp Walk, Insane isn’t it?

Well, you need a mind and a mind that can cross all odds and can think beyond the rigid bars. I don’t mean to offend anyone though, but yes it does need a mind of that kind. My thinking hat was on while I was at the Airport on my recent visit to pick up my sister. As usual one reaches well in time to the airports to ensure you capture every moment of joy and excitement to see the person after long, and also because they are more clean. (Hope the railway authorities are reading this), so well I was also one of those excited relatives waiting to see my sister on the very first day of 2015.

While I wait there looking out for my sister, my eyes are able to capture fashion of all kinds. I see women dressed in skirts and shirts. The trendy jackets are out as the winter breeze has had its coverage on the Asian planet. My eyes gage out to see the lovely red that sticks well to the lips of the lady with a long head. Yet again my eyes are all set on the young girl, who has just returned from a trip with her friends. I see each one of them speaking different language. A language of fashion and well learnt fashion sense.

A well-built tall guy walks the passage that connects the Airport Exit to the waiting zone for the relatives. He is charming and looks fresh with a slight stub and White Shirt that goes well with the Dark Denims down there. I wonder to myself, if fashion is all about glam and glitter or is it just being yourself.

I gaze at the flight attendants who walk together in a group, my eyes move from one to the other, still wanting to understand who looks the best. Yet again they showcase a fashion in the yellow and navy blue uniform. I call it the fashion ramp walk because my eyes have witnessed everything from jumpers to cargos, from mini – skirts to vase coats, from White shirt heroes to shinny glittery zeroes.

They walk with this little bit of attitude and failing to understand that the relatives out there are losing the waiting period magnitude. All I can say is that this 40 minutes of waiting for my sister has made my little brain to do the working and got me to blogging and I would appreciate if you can all do the liking and appreciate my writing. (:-P Trying too hard to rhyme….)

Well, guys this is my view of how one can make efficient use of time even at the most boring places sometimes and how waiting for someone can turn into a live show of glamour and glitter.


2 comments:

  1. Well I really like how you are able to see things so differently and I must say very appropriately. Much appreciate :)
    -By an avid follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Appreciate your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete