Tuesday 13 January 2015

MY EYES

 My eyes witness it all. Ever wondered what your eyes go through each day. Finding this lame, isn’t it? Well, think again; the amount of stress your eyes go through each day and the memory of these two small button like thing is amazing. It makes you reflect upon all your deeds, from good to bad.
It has the capability of taking you back to those memories of school and college days and yet get you back to the real morning rays. From Nagaland to England they can take you to those deep memory lanes and blank gaze.

They witness everything from boredom to torture, from living to dying, from witnessing the birth of a new born to the death of an old one. Have you ever thought, the pain that your eyes hold? The realization came in late to me as well, and the day I realized the pain and grief of my eyes, I decided to pen it down. Not to sound lame or insane, but only to give you that vision that there is something there, deep down inside you that is witness of all you do and see every day.

They cannot scream out and express their pain, and hence say it all through a medium of rain. Rain that occurs when they are hurt and your heart is paining. This rain occurs rarely for few of us, while drops down frequently for the rest of us.

For they say it, that your eyes say it all. From your feelings to emotions, from your pain to grief, from your broken heart to eating the lemon tart. They say and speak a language that is understood by all, irrespective of what religion, caste or creed you belong to; they say” Your eyes speak a lot”!
Well, in that case, I have a question to ask, if my eyes said it all, why is it sometimes my words are considered and given more importance than what my eyes are saying. Why is it that I still see, a young teenager crying in pain, for her loved one did not identify the language she spoke in the rain. Why is that there is still brutal killing and irrational living? For the poor are still suffering and the rich are still dominating. Why is that no one can read those eyes, eyes that are asking for a proper meal and I am sure it is not such a big deal.

Why is that my country is still flourishing with corruption and unable to identify the greedy eyes? Why is that women are still considered weaker to men, even after holding a 49% share. I am going off the topic, but certainly I don’t care, as I am speaking a language that I understood by all and it is only because I am hurt, and can do little, and so I am penning it down.

My eyes are tired now, they need some rest, because each day they are put to a different test. They have their own needs, they only ask for peace and harmony as they are tired of witnessing the dirty game of hypocrisy. They don’t demand of exotic outdoor locations, all they need is some relaxing moments.


From pollution to corruption, from no where to somewhere let me tell confess to you my dear eyes, you are my sole companion in this journey what they call it life. Without you, I would not be able to witness the beauty of nature and the god given creature. Now that I have realized your significance in my life, I promise to take care of you and protect you from bad omens; for I now you have little time in this world and want to see you off with all the happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment