Saturday 31 January 2015

#USEYOURAND

This post is a part of #UseYourAnd activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette Venus

When it comes to doing things for yourself, how many times have you been put in situations where you are choosing between options, and how many times are you in a situation where you can choose just one and there isn’t any option for and. Well, personally I have come across such situations very frequently in life and rather at most critical phases of my life. Where my heart screams out to say wish I had both, but the situation demands me to choose and pick one, and put the other thing down. Such is the law of nature, is what my mother said, in such situations, and with this was attached a long and brief session of discussion, which goes on to say, you never get everything in life, and more so as a woman you have to sacrifice more than this.

To this, I just simply put on my earphones and pretend to be listen to her, not because I disrespect her, but just because our thoughts conflict and in such situations, it’s better not to drag conversations. I believe in doing things and achieving results, because sky is the limit for people who believe in themselves, and when sky is the limit, I am sure there is no gender discrimination here. I don’t agree with the fact that you have to choose between things in life and settle and compromise all the time. If one really desires something, one can attain it fighting all odds.

And so, the same applies to me and my personal life, when I was told to get into a profession soon after college and adding meaning to my life. Honestly back then I was so naïve to this and had not even thought of being in a corporate ever, because the passion for writing was flourishing within me and I always had things to write upon, but how many of us are allowed to make careers in such fields? Does the society let you grow? Do your own parents want you to do this or just like it when they see a 6 digit number in your bank account?

Well, I am sure you know the answer to this and hence I am here today to share with you a story not to tell you about what I had to let go in life or choose, but rather to tell you that never settle for things in life and choose between things. Here is my story folks, so well I am an HR professional, with appropriate certificates to back me up and ensure I sustain in the career for quite a while, but I wanted more to my life and did not just want to settle for a 9-6 job to myself and I knew what is that one thing that gives me that kind of satisfaction and completes me. And the answer to this was writing, as I told you my passion for writing was always there, but never got a chance to pursue that as a fulltime career and hence I never let that passion in me die, I rather let it grow within me each day, only so that one day I could be here I write to you about my story and life. Blogging is the first baby step that I have taken to fulfill my passion and will take more such steps to attain what I truly wanted to be, i.e. a Writer.


So folks, here is my little story, of how I did not settle for things in life and did not choose or, instead I made that or into an and, and here I am a mid-aged professional in HR and an aspiring writer. I hope my story inspires all you women out there, who have had to settle for things in life and are unable to pursue their true passion. Go women, empower yourself, because your empowerment will in turn empower our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment