Sunday 21 December 2014

BEYOND THE CUBICLES

Ever thought about what life is beyond the cubicle where you spend more than half of your day, or rather I should say half your life only to become someone. We fight for getting a promotion, fight to put a junior colleague down and ensure that the person never tries to come up or move ahead of us. We fight for making an impression to our Boss, we fight to put in our best image forward to the clients and visitors. Is there more to this or were we just taught to fight and put the other person down? Or were we taught to play dirty politics in office to an extent that the other person cannot breathe and decides to leave.

What are we made of; is what I wonder sometimes? What I was taught back in school and in days that were cool, is that we are all children of the same god and that we must all live in peace and harmony and there was nothing like money. So I wonder today; were those lessons taught to me to be in a different place? Or is it that the world moved ahead and I lost pace.

Ever stopped back and thought about what are you born for or what is the purpose of your life? Is it only a vending machine which gives money or is it something still unknown to me? I am sure this happens to each one of us at some stage in our life, where the very purpose of your existence is what you question. The answer to this is still unknown for I feel nothing in this world is what I own.

Gone are the days of innocent games where we played hide and seek and running race, for now I even see the children playing video games. The question still remains unanswered, is it the new human race or yet again is it only me who has lost pace.

I remember listening to the stories told by my grandmother and going off to sleep, and feel unfortunate for the young children today; for they have parents who are only vending machines, machines that are working to keep pace in this techno savvy becoming world. A world which is giving into the hands of the growing technology and making man just a toy or a dull boy.

Is this what we are born to do, get education from the best high school and grab a package that has broken all rules? Facebook, Google, Infosys are the names that I hear everywhere and humanity is lost in the big glass buildings of these names.


And hence I question this once again, what is life beyond the office cubicles

No comments:

Post a Comment