Sunday 1 March 2015

APNO KO APNE DUM PE JEENA SIKHAO

One comes alone and goes alone from this world. So is the
law of nature they say and I truly abide by it, because I am no different and
my family is no different. Today, I am at an age where I feel I am independent
not just financially but also in every other aspect. Your parents are always
the backbone you need to rely on and who nurture you with those values and
upbringing of becoming self-reliant. It is no different for me and I truly
believe that my mother has been that one inspiration in my life who has been
rock solid and has guided me in every decision of my life, which has now made
me capable of becoming a person of substance or rather a woman of substance.

I am sure most of us relate to this and made find it quite
common when I say that my mother has been my guide, my mentor and my inspiration,
but it has been different for me and I can explain this well. My mother has
bought me up solely and has been a single parent, in such a situation one can
imagine the compromises and struggle she has gone through, but hold on that
struggle never passed on to me or rather she was there like a rock preventing
me from all the problems and giving me shelter.

From my education to my working, she always let me take my decision
at the same time ensured she guided me well where I went wrong. My education
was difficult considering my finances but the passion for studying never died
inside me. I went on from graduation to post graduation to further doing my
MBA. The credit for this solely goes to my mother for she let me live with my
passion and ensured it was well nurtured. It is very recently that I completed
my MBA and now am preparing for my Doctorate Degree. For I said my mother was
the reason behind this. I questioned her one day, the reason why she allowed me
to keep in touch with academics and never stopped me, she was sobbing and
replied that you live my dream and when you study and do well I feel the satisfaction
and proud within me, as you live my dream. She could do that because she made
the correct financial decisions and made enough savings for me to pursue my
interests.

Today, when she sees me starting my research, she feels
proud and I feel immense satisfaction from within, for this is what I always
wanted to do. I am pursuing my Ph.D now and I thank my mother for this, because
without her support I would not be what I am today and she made me independent
enough to settle my myself in another country altogether. She lead me through a
path and then let me figure out the roads myself, because it is each one’s
individual journey and we need to find our way on our own. My mother made me
self-reliant. Thank you mom!

This post is part of IndiBlogger Happy Hour contest in
association with HDFC Life, do check the link and video below.





No comments:

Post a Comment