Wednesday 4 March 2015

OPTIMISM

Optimism the word it is! I have heard it from one and all, all my elders, all my friends, my peers; they always said be optimistic in life, it will help you progress. Well to be very honest I never understood the true essence of the word then and took it very casually, until recently when I came across things in my life which changed me and made a different person altogether. Folks, let’s face it we have all gone through rough patches in our life and one learns a lot during these situation. At least for me personally I have learnt a lot and one of the most important things was being optimistic. One must never give up easily in life, the true meaning of this phrase is only understood and applied by few of us in life and trust me you, this motivation and attitude of never giving up and being positive in life will take you miles ahead in life.

We have all been through failures, through hard times and through situations where we have wanted to give up on life and living completely, but a true winner or a true victory is in not coming out of these situations rather it is on how you face it and how you deal with it and hence here I am today openly saying it with the expression of my words; Be Optimistic!

Let me share with you a small incident that has made me believe in living my life with more and more optimism and positive attitude. Recent enough it was, when we all building friends gathered and planned for New Year’s Eve, we went partying like all youngsters do and so we were enjoying the most of the last few hours of the year 2014. Our happiness turned into sorrow within no time. Well it happened so that one of my friend got a call from her mother and so she decided to step out and talk to her, given the loud music she could barely hear her mother on the other side of the phone. While she walks out of the dance floor, she hurriedly rushes to the exit of the room to avoid her mother from long hold, while she rushes to the exit, she missed the staircase or rather did not notice the staircase and comes crashing down on the floor. The very next moment the bouncers come to her rescue and the hotel manager enquires about her relatives, we are in utter shock and move ahead only to see my dear friend in a pool of blood. She is unconscious now and we are speechless. We rush her to the nearby hospital and after few days of being hospitalized we realize that my dear friend will never be able to hit the dance floor again, nor will we ever be able to see her lovely moves again, for she will never be able to be on her own two feet in life again.

Well, we all had no words to this and avoided being besides her for quite a few days only to help her get away with the trauma but we were wrong, it was us (we friends who were weak) and coward who could face her. As she was ready to live her life again and never gave up because of this incident. She is now on wheel chair and does everything and every activity that we people do, who have all limbs in place. She drives her own car and in fact drives us for long drives to marine drive. Her positive attitude is what makes me so strong and every time I look at her or meet her, I feel more optimistic. She is in true sense a living example of an optimistic individual and a person who can motivate. She motivates me and makes me a stronger individual every time we cross paths. Her smile and struggle both bring in optimism to my life. The way she makes that effort to smile and remain so positive even after having to face such hardships at such young age, make me optimistic. She is my true inspiration and motivation for living an optimistic life.

This post is part of IndiBlogger Happy Hour Contest in association with Housing.com; do check the link:  https://housing.com/lookup.

No comments:

Post a Comment