Tuesday 10 March 2015

START A NEW LIFE

Head on to - https://housing.com/in

Change is what some call it. Way of living is what I refer to it. I think and I strongly believe that changes are good and they are crucial. One cannot expect to lead the same kind of life, irrespective of how much they love it all their life. There are times when they have to or rather they will to need to break through all the walls and all the boundaries that surround them and lead a new life. A life that they want to lead. A life that is care free. A life that they wish to lead with their set of principles and their set of rules.

So here is a glimpse of how I was as a kid and to what I have grown up to be. With constant remarks from people around telling me that I have changed and my way of living is not right or rather not something that the society can accept. As a kid I was very attached to my mother. Attachment is good but over attachment can make you weak and to have your greatest strength (your mother) turn into a weakness is not how I wanted my life to shape up. So with a very heavy heart I decided to join boarding in the 7th standard. Everybody in the family and also all the relatives thought it was not going to work and I would return the very next day as I had not stayed without my mother even for a single day.


But well I did stay. Not just for a day but for years together. Away from the comforts of my house. Away from my beloved family and away from my mother, my everything. This changed me as a person. I grew up to be a stronger and a more confident person. Initially I did miss my mother but later I learnt to live without her. This was the first bold move of my life. Next big thing that I did was finding a job away from home. So well after my high school, I returned back home. Away from home doesn’t necessarily mean away from heart, right? So of course the love for my mother and everybody else in the family was still a lot. I did my college and finally when it came to placements, I chose to move out. I chose to move to a better city, with a better prospects. I choose to move to Bangalore from my city of residence- Ujjain. Everybody in the family objected this, my mother too. She said that she didn’t want me to go because the society would think that it’s the boarding that has changed me and I was supposed to be the girl who would stay back home and cook and do all the household chores and not move out of the city like this. But I chose the latter and with a lot of pride I can say that was my #StartANewLife.

Do watch this video here-

No comments:

Post a Comment