Saturday 7 February 2015

MY HEART PAINS


When I write this today, it of out of the pain and anxiety that my heart has from within and of course with a feeling which carries tons of emotions. You call it an emotional outburst or call it my way of dealing with things, I pen down my thoughts, because that is my way of letting go off things.

I was at the sea side this evening, with my family when I come across this small little girl, who is barley 2 and her sweet and innocent voice has got my attention, she screams out to me to buy the books that she is selling. I am zapped and look at her again, this time with more alertness and more closely, a 2 year old girl, well dressed, is selling books that she is ideally supposed to have and play with and design her thoughts upon. The cartoon characters that I was exposed to at her age, she is selling that only so that she can have a meal for one time, and I instantly decide to buy all her books. She runs to her mother and gives her the money. I wish to go up to her mother and question her for putting the young girl to such a painful childhood, yet I hold myself back, with the thought that there is little that we can do to give her proper meal for 2 times and that her mother is only doing so to ensure her survival and her daughter’s survival.

My eyes cannot move away from her, when I see her taking the ice cream cup from the dustbin and yet her eyes full of innocence gaze blankly at the candy shop. Her mother yells out to her; Ameena come back here and that little girl in all her innocence still holds on to the door of the candy shop. My heart felt the pain today, when I realized my pain is so little and so small in front of little ameena. I wish life was so easy and wish I could do more for her. I cannot sleep is all I can say, as the young girl is on my mind from the time she called out to me “Didi, please book le lo”….

My heart pains today!


No comments:

Post a Comment